Monday, October 1, 2012

A Home Is Born

20120926a

It’s so easy to love it here. The views of the land and sky always amaze me. And we are far enough out of the city to see the stars!

Oh, how I’ve missed the stars.

Now here are some home pictures for those of you who’ve asked…

 20120926c

I’ve always wanted a tub like this. The fact that I share it with my 2 kids just makes it all the more memorable.

 20120926d

Here’s a close up of my bath-time decorations. This is a set of coasters that my darling Nan gave me. They say, “Find time for things you cherish,” “Cherish those you love,” “Love the things you grow,” and “Grow beautiful things.”

 20120926e

You can see that we haven’t yet hung up the towel rod and hand-towel-holder. But my hermit crab shell and Lyli’s seahorse and sea star are in place. Important things first, right?

20120926f

I got this for a house-warming gift for Ben and myself from Beall’s Outlet.

God is SO good!

 IMG_2894

Messy kitchen shot! But I love this kitchen.

Actually, this is my clean kitchen shot!

 IMG_2895IMG_2898

The glass-front cabinets beside the stove-hood showcase some of my favorite canisters, coffee cups, and vases.

 IMG_2896 IMG_2897 

I first found three blue canisters at Goodwill. Then Ben found four more abandoned in a trash pile beside the street in our old beach neighborhood. (That was the best thing about that place- people put free stuff out by the street. They do that so regularly in that neighborhood that men with trucks and trailers often drive up and down each street.) And I recently found the green ones at an antique shop in Live Oak. They go so well with my Jade-ite mug and pink pitcher from another junk shop in Live Oak.

IMG_2900

More of my coffee cup collection.

IMG_2901

Homeschooling is FUN. We decorated the walls in Lyli’s room while learning about planets, galaxies and nebulas. Then we put the planets up in the order of distance to the sun. When we get to the letter “S”, Lyli will draw a big sun for the wall. It’s a bit beyond kindergarten, I know, but we both had so much fun.

 IMG_2904

You might remember from my “Beach Cheap” blog that this Jesus plaque hung in my bedroom all my life. It was the first thing I hung up in Lyli’s nursery when I was pregnant. It was the first thing I hung up in the beach house, too. It wasn’t the first thing I hung up here (I’ll get to that in a minute), but it’s up.

It says, “I will never leave thee nor forsake thee.”

AMEN!

 IMG_2908

The moon is the first thing I hung up in Lyl’s room. It lights up in crescents, from new, to crescent, then half, then full, then back to new. I love it. It’s beautiful AND a learning tool. The stars were already on the ceiling in here, and the gorgeous fan is a gift from Gaga and Papa.

 IMG_2909 IMG_2910

This is the girls’ bathroom.

 IMG_2924

Even the chickens are happy here. They come out to hunt and peck and scratch whenever we are outside. Only two of them are laying. They are still acclimating to their new home.

 IMG_2926

HAPPY AUTUMN!

-Lainie (Phyllis) Fekula

This post is linked to the…

Barn-Hop 

Come join in the fun!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Autumn to you too!
    I would love to have you link up with my Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week!
    http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/09/clever-chicks-blog-hop-2-featured-post.html
    I hope to see you there!
    Cheers!
    Kathy
    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete